Plan on the web, navigate in the app
You can plan all your routes in the Trip Planner on the web and instantly have them accessible in the app to either navigate, share or make additional changes.
Before we start planning a route let’s go trough some basic controls.
To move around the map, Press and drag on the map with your mouse or trackpad.
To change zoom levels, either scroll in and out with your mouse or trackpad or click the zoom icons in the lower right corner of the map.
To cycle between different map styles, click on the layer icon in the lower right corner of the map.
How to plan a route
- Begin by adding a Start location. You can do this by either: A) Click directly on the map to place a waypoint. B) Select the Start location field in the waypoint list to search for a location or address.
- Add an End location in the same way as above. You have now generated a route.
- Above the waypoint list, you can choose between the following Road Types:
- Highway - This will generate the fastest route to your destination.
- Avoid Highway - This will avoid generating a route on any highways.
- Curvy - Generates a route on the most curvy roads.
Expanding the route
Each time you click on the map you will place a new End destination (if no waypoint is selected), and the previous End destination will turn into a via waypoint instead. You can utilize this by creating and expanding your route waypoint by waypoint.
A scenario would look like this:
- Add your Start location
- Find a road that you would like to ride and add your first End destination.
- Click on the next stretch of road you would like to travel to. This is now your End destination.
- Repeat until you have an awesome route 😎
- In the waypoint list, click add waypoint in between the two locations where you would like to place it.
- While the new waypoint in the waypoint list is selected, either:
- Search for a location or address.
- Click on the map where you would like to place it.
To adjust or change the location of a waypoint, either:
- Click on the waypoint in the waypoint list to Search or Click on the map where you want to place it.
- Press and drag the waypoint on the map to where you want it.
To change the order of any waypoints, Press and drag the waypoint’s handle and place the waypoint in a new spot in the waypoint list.
Saving the route
When you have finished planning your route you can save it to have it accessible in the app to navigate, share or edit it.
- First, tap the Save Route button.
- Give the route a name and optional description.
- Tap Save Route.
- The route has now been saved to your profile and you can access it both on the web and in the app.
To save a route you need to have a Detecht account and be logged in.
How to edit a planned route
You can access and edit previously planned routes. Both the ones planned on the web, and the routes you planned in the app.
To access your planned routes you need to be logged in.
- While in the Trip Planner, tap the Book icon in the top right corner.
- This will open your route library, with both your Tracked and Planned routes.
- Click on the route you wish to edit.
- When finished making your changes, tap Save Changes.
- Here you will have two choices:
- Save Route - This will overwrite the previous version of the route.
- Save as New - This will create a new route, while keeping the original route.